Bespoke locking solutions explained
08 oct. 2020
Nothing is ever the same, in life, in love, and in locks. A solution that works in one situation will not necessarily suit another. Which is why, at Euro-Locks, we offer bespoke locking solutions to meet each client’s specific needs. But what does a bespoke locking solution entail?
Assessing your locking needs
Sales experts, research and development design engineers and technical product managers work closely with customers to assess what locking products are needed, at the early stages of product development. Solutions may include:
- suggesting products from an extensive range of standard locking systems;
- adapting products from the existing range; or
- creating an entirely bespoke locking solution.
When a bespoke locking solution is required, there are several elements to be considered in the design and development:
- Where will it be used?
- What will it be used for?
- Does it need to be manual or electronic?
- What should the cost per unit be?
Once all the details have been discussed and an understanding of the specific requirements has been reached, a specific locking solution is designed. Using computer-aided design (CAD) and rapid prototyping, a 3D solid model of the lock is produced based on the agreed design. If improvements are required, they are incorporated into the lock design.
Following approval of the design and model, off-tool samples are produced, before volume manufacturing can begin, using processes including:
- hot chamber pressure die-casting to produce flash-free core components;
- high-speed pressing of precision tumblers, keys, cams, bodies and other components;
- advanced CNC cutting, bitting and fluting processes;
- laser marking;
- plating and painting; and
The right locking solutions
From design to delivery, Euro-Locks are with you every step of the way in creating the right locking solutions for your needs. If you would like more information about the products and services we offer, please go to our website or contact one of our skilled team members.Retour aux News